Oshkosh 2024 Canard events?

Hi all,

Are there any canard-related gatherings or events I should know about at Osh? My first time attending since 2011, and that fateful year I was convinced to start building!!

I'm not presently following the old mailing lists (I haven't the time to deal with so many e-mails), so may have missed announcements there.

I will be attending Tuesday - Thursday. Planning to be wearing my red Cozy hat and a black backpack with New Zealand flags on the sides. Stop me and say hi!

Edited by Voidhawk9

Aerocanard (modified) SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 8)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more; usually lags behind actual progress)
Flight simulator (X-plane) flight model master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+12)

Holly cow!

Three canard enthusiasts at Osh. Cameron is currently engulfing my entire "free beer for a hot tip" initiative since he declared and I quote: "usually a gathering of 2", when refering to # of canard lovers at Kosh. Am I in financial trouble mow?😆

On 7/17/2024 at 11:00 AM, Aclouston said:

Holly cow!

Three canard enthusiasts at Osh. Cameron is currently engulfing my entire "free beer for a hot tip" initiative since he declared and I quote: "usually a gathering of 2", when refering to # of canard lovers at Kosh. Am I in financial trouble mow?😆

Whoops, my typo! I meant to say a gather OR two, not OF two! 😅

(GMT+12)

Ahhh

Amazing, one character off and the hole meaning is changed.

Plans have changed for me. I will not be at Osh. (My father is weak, needs assistance for now). Enjoy the trip.

Give us a travel report, if you want, of whatever drew your attention.

Regards

Allan

Had a fun 3 days at Osh. Met a bunch of great people, and was able to put faces to names I recognize online.

Spoke at some length with Jeff Kerlo about his past, present, and future canard projects (he is probably best known at the moment as being the guy who did the great composite work on Raptor and tried to talk sense into Peter, to no avail). He has some very interesting projects in the pipeline that have the potential to bring fresh life to the canard world.

Lady Vi looking great:

osh_canards_01.thumb.jpg.f407729bacfb7cd4352abea3d6a7edca.jpg

Gary Hertzler's 'bull session' was co-opted by some guy named Burt. Here he is talking about trailing-edge fences.
The session was recorded (he and Gary wearing microphones) and will be posted online.

osh_canards_02.thumb.jpg.da0968dd61fa290685529d7bfe912a63.jpg

Ever noticed similarities between the lower winglets on Starship and Klaus' Long?
osh_canards_03.thumb.jpg.74262cb79d7c02ac00905571883a07f0.jpgosh_canards_04.thumb.jpg.f90643175d7bbb5f225ede6c79943d3d.jpg

• Like 1

(GMT+12)