Long time lurker, new member.

Just bought a partially completed Long EZ project from a member of my recently joined EAA Chapter (307, KLSE).

It has been a life goal since seeing one on video tape back in 1986 while still in high school.

At 54, I thought I should make it a practical exercise rather than just a thought one.

The project came with plans, hard copies of the CP Newsletters, a fuselage side, bulkheads, front gear cowling, various foam, control tubes, and some of the hardware.

In 'real life' I'm an EMT and maker, husband to a very understanding wife (indispensable in this hobby), step-dad to a 34 year old son, and dad to Munchkin the cat.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all and joining in the discussions here!

Long EZ Paperwork.jpg

Those plans are pristine!  However, there have been many changes and mods over the years.   Some time ago, I posted a list of builder links (below).  Some will still be active.  There is a lot of info out there, you just have to know about it.  The Facebook sites are kind of worthless, IMO:  short answers, no archives but they will link you to other owners/builders.   The blue syrofoam wing foam is not made now.  We are awaiting Marc's evaluation of the newer gray foam.  I think he said recently it is about the same.  Post some pics of your project.  Good luck.  The biggest drag to building is waiting for orders of canopies, struts, engine mounts, Cozygirrl parts, blah, blah.  Keep the stuff coming in.

https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/32503-a-heapin-helpin-of-builder-links/

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold